When it comes to the latest movies churned out by Hollywood these days, it can be difficult finding a movie that doesn’t contain explicit sex scenes or excessive profanity.
Below we list our top 10 clean family movies to watch in 2016 with minimal to no nudity or profanity:
Although not suited to children, Hush is a gripping (yet extremely violent) horror/thriller movie containing no sex scenes and minimal profanity. The cat’s name in the movie is Bitch which is said 3-4 times and there is also one use of ‘F***ing C**t’. There is also a brief (not very explicit) scene in which the female character undresses to her underwear to apply a dressing to a wound.
Survivor follows the story of a Foreign Service Officer that tries to prevent a terrorist attack set to hit New York, but is forced to go on the run when she is framed for crimes she did not commit. Although this movie contains absolutely no sex or nudity, it does contain some profanity: 2 uses of ‘f**k’ (one is quiet). Uses of ‘bullsh*t’, ‘b*tch’, ‘a**hole’ and two religious profanities e.g. ‘Chr*st’.
3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2015)
Having reclaimed Erebor and vast treasure from the dragon Smaug, Thorin Oakenshield sacrifices friendship and honour in seeking the Arkenstone, despite Smaug’s fiery wrath and desperate attempt by the Hobbit Bilbo to make him see reason. There is no sex or nudity in this movie but the word ‘bastard’ is used on one occasion.
4. Jungle Book (2016)
Raised by a family of wolves since birth, Mowgli must leave the only home he’s ever know when the fearsome tiger Shere Khan unleashes his mighty roar. This is a great clean movie to watch with the family, containing no profanity, nudity or otherwise.
5. Midnight Special (2016)
A man kidnaps his young son from a commune and makes his way across the country while being trailed by the FBI, the NSA and commune henchmen. No sex or nudity. Minimal profanity including one anatomical term and two religious exclamations (Lord, Jesus).
6. Bridge of Spies (2015)
During the Cold War, an American lawyer is recruited to defend an arrested Soviet spy in court and then help the CIA facilitate an exchange of the spy for the Soviet captured American U2 spy plane pilot, Francis Gary Powers. The movie contains no sex or nudity, however, the following profanity is used: two uses of ‘F**k’, three uses of GD, one ‘Jesus’ exclamation, three uses of ‘Son of a B*tch’, a couple of uses of ‘sh*t’ and one use of ‘pissing me off’.
7. Zootropolis (2016)
From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. Zootropolis is an hilarious movie to watch with the family! The only black spot against this movie is a scene in which the protagonists visit a “nude spa/naturalist club” which has animals that do not wear any forms of clothing; a departure from the rest of the movie where animals are depicted with clothing, however, no nudity is show.
8. In the Heart of the Sea (2015)
In 1820, crewmen aboard the New England vessel Essex face a harrowing battle for survival when a whale of mammoth size and strength attacks with force, crippling their ship and leaving them adrift in the ocean. One scene in this movie shows a man carving the head of a woman and her entire breasts on a piece of whalebone. There are also eight uses of GD, one ‘bullsh*t’ and the Lord’s name is misused a few times.
9. The Assassin (2015)
An assassin accepts a dangerous mission to kill a political leader in seventh-century China. The movie contains no profanity, sex or nudity except for one brief scene in which a woman is seen in a bath tub – only her bare shoulders and knees are shown.
10. Concussion (2015)
In Pittsburgh, accomplished pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu uncovers the truth about brain damage in football players who suffer repeated concussions in the course of normal play. This movie contains no sex scenes although there is a brief scene showing naked cadavers (no sexual organs are shown). The word ‘f**k’ is used on a few occasions as well as ‘damm’, ‘sh*t’ and ‘bastard’.
The Ultimate American Road Trip: Route 66
If you’re looking for the omega American road trip then you’ve got to hit the Mother Road, otherwise known as Route 66. From Chicago to LA, it’s a journey that’ll provide the experience of a lifetime, showing you the heart of a great nation.
Start in Chicago & Chase the Sun
In reality, the best always head west. Would you rather end the trip in the Windy City, or just in time to catch a gorgeous L.A. sunset on the beach? There’s just something deeply spiritual for folks when we head west. It becomes an adventure. It becomes a vehicular voyage to the sea. Here are some of the highlights you can expect in order:
• Illinois: It’s a pretty straight shot through the state from Chicago through Springfield (which has some stretches of restored Route 66) and southwest to St. Louis. There’s a bit of the bright lights of big cities, but also a good calm stretch of rural to cruise through as well; vast fields of corn and farmland for close to 300 miles.
• Missouri: Once you hit East St. Louis you’ll again be greeted by sky scrapers, industrial areas and the mark of modernity but then it’s another SE straight shot through the entire belly of the state.
• Kansas: You’re only going to spend a little time in the good’ol Kansas heartland. And by little we mean a whopping 14 miles far down in the bottom south east corner. You’ll go through two towns: Galena and Baxter Springs but rest assured there’s great classic restaurants and places that’ve been open as long as Route 66 has been around. In fact, it’s because of road tripper like you just passin’on through that keep’em goin.
• Oklahoma: You’re going to go through two huge metropolises that have “country” written all over’em: Tulsa first and then into Oklahoma City before heading directly west towards the Pan Handle. Of all 8 states, it’s here that they take Route 66 the most seriously. It’s got the most preserved still-drivable miles and you’ll be able to see the remnants of Kiowa, Apache and Comanche Native American land. And, you’ll get to take the same route as families long ago in the Dust Bowl took to escape.
• Texas: You’re going to go through the upper tip of the Texas Pan Handle that takes you through Amarillo. It looks short on a map but the 200-mile stretch of plains is a sight to behold like none other. If you can time it so you cut through here in the afternoon on a sunny day your spirit will be recharged. Just try not to pay any attention to all the truckers!
• New Mexico: Welcome to the Land of Enchantment where you’ll pass through Sun Belt city and Albuquerque. These days, it can be a bit challenging to stay strictly on the old road but with all the sandstone mesas and pine forests it’s definitely worth it.
• Arizona: In Arizona you’ll stay in the northern plains rather than heading down into the really hot areas around Phoenix. Instead, you’ll pass directly through Flagstaff which is a mountain town and where Northern Arizona University is located. The sights here are like a completely different world from everything you’ve seen so far, especially once you begin to head south right before passing into California. Oh, and because of the high speeds on the I-40, this will feel like one of those awesome car track days.
• California: Once you reach this point get ready to cruise through rolling hills, vineyards, orchards, stunning landscapes and then at Barstow you should begin smelling the sea. From San Bernardino and Pasadena to Santa Monica it’s simply breathtaking.
This is only a taste of the experience really. You’ve just got to get out and do it. There’s plenty of great resources online to keep you on track and if you have the time you don’t have to miss a thing. Enjoy!
Key Moments from Trump’s Impeachment Hearing
Heartbreaking; Another School Shooting Santa Clarita, CA
Santa Clarita, California, high school shooting leaves 2 students dead, multiple injured
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) — A 16-year-old boy shot five fellow students, two fatally, Thursday morning at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita before turning the .45-caliber handgun on himself, authorities said.
A Los Angeles County Fire Department spokesperson said multiple 911 calls prompted firefighter-paramedics to respond about 7:40 a.m. to the school at 21900 Centurion Way.
Six students, including the gunman, were found in the quad suffering from gunshot wounds, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said at a news conference. All six were transported to hospitals, where two of them, a 16-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy, were later pronounced dead.
The surviving victims were described as two girls, ages 14 and 15, and a 14-year-old boy.
In a tweet, Henry Mayo Hospital said it had received four patients.
Their names were not immediately disclosed. The sheriff said the deceased girl’s parents were at the hospital. He was notified of the second fatality during a press conference at the school.
Gunman turns .45 caliber on himself
According to sheriff’s Capt. Kent Wegener, surveillance video “clearly” shows the suspect pulling a semi-automatic handgun out of his backpack in the quad and shooting five classmates before shooting himself in the head.
Thursday was the gunman’s 16th birthday, the captain said.
He was listed in grave condition at a hospital, according to Villanueva.
In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, authorities released a description of the suspect as a manhunt got underway. Heavily armed deputies and an armored SWAT vehicle were seen at a home near the school, but it was unclear if the house was connected to the investigation.
The high school remained on lockdown for hours after the incident. Shortly before 11 a.m., lockdowns were lifted at all campuses in the district, as well as Rosedell and Highland elementary schools.
Central Park, at 27150 Bouquet Canyon Road, was being used as a reunification point for parents and students, the Sheriff’s Department said.
Undersheriff Tim Murakami tweeted an apology to parents, saying investigators need to interview “every student at Saugus HS” before they can be released.
In a statement, the White House said President Donald Trump was monitoring ongoing reports about the shooting.
“The White House encourages all those in the area to follow the advice of local law enforcement and first responders,” the statement said.
Gov. Gavin Newsom tweeted an expression of gratitude to the emergency responders.
“We simply should not have to fear for our kids’ lives when we drop them off at school,” the governor said. Addressing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Newsom asked: “How many more lives will be lost? How many more shootings will we have to endure? We need commonsense gun reform. NOW.”
Amid the chaos at the scene, the number of reported victims fluctuated throughout the morning. The sheriff later confirmed that six people were shot, including the gunman.