My eyes feel strained, I have a headache, and my brain just feels tired.
This is what’s known as computer eyestrain, and anyone who frequently uses a computer has probably had it. It’s no fun, and it keeps our work from reaching its full potential. It also keeps us from resting well at night by throwing off our circadian rhythm, especially if using a computer after daylight hours, in a poorly lit room.
This is caused by the blue light computer screens emit which is designed to mimic the sun.
Here are 5 sure fire ways to get rid of those darn computer eye strain headaches for good.
Computer eye strain headaches – get rid of them for good
1. The 20-20-20 rule
Looking at something in the distance will give your eye muscles a break to reduce fatigue and headaches. This trick is intended to exercise your eyes and give them a break from your computer’s bright backlight.
2. Take frequent breaks
I know this might sound counter-productive, but I guarantee if you take more short breaks from your computer screen your eyes will thank you and you will see an immediate improvement in your productivity. Here’s some tips for making it happen:
- Drink more water. Not only will this keep you hydrated, it will also demand frequent trips for refills…and bathroom breaks.
- Set a reminder on your desktop. This goes for the 20-20-20 rule as well.
- Avoid the elevator. If you work 17 floors up, maybe not or you’ll be late for work. However, if you’re on the second or third floor, or you need to run downstairs for something, this extra bit of exercise will improve your circulation and engage your muscles, giving you an extra boost of energy, and a mental boost as well!
3. Increase your font size
When you can, increase your font size. If the text is too small, you’ll squint, which is the number one culprit of eye fatigue and headaches.
4. Try computer eyestrain glasses
Computer reading glasses are specially made to help reduce eyestrain. They have an anti-reflective coating to help reduce glare and a tint that helps increase contrast for easier viewing. For those of us who already wear glasses, prescription computer glasses are also available
5. Give your eyes a break
It can be tempting to binge on netflix as soon as you get home from work, but try giving your eyes a break from all the blue light that’s causing them grief. Staring at a screen all day not only weakens your vision, but it could lead to worse problems, like computer vision syndrome.
Trump Comments on Stock Market’s latest drop – says it’s ‘peanuts’
Trump says Tuesday’s market drop is ‘peanuts’
President Donald Trump played down the stock market’s losses on Tuesday as “peanuts” when compared with the importance of striking a good deal with China and the gains since his election.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average “was about 16,000 or 15,000 and now it’s almost at 30,000,” Trump said at the NATO summit in London. “It’s going to be at 30,000.”
“If the stock market goes up or down — I don’t watch the stock market. I watch jobs. Jobs are what I watch,” he added. Today’s move is “peanuts compared to — we have picked up record numbers so that’s OK. That’s the way I feel.”
The major stock indexes slid Tuesday after Trump said he thinks it would be a good idea to delay signing a trade deal with China after the 2020 presidential election. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell more than 450 points at its lows on Tuesday, led lower by trade-vulnerable Apple, Caterpillar and 3M.
“In some ways, I like the idea of waiting until after the election for the China deal, but they want to make a deal now, and we will see whether or not the deal is going to be right,” Trump told reporters before U.S. markets opened Tuesday. When asked if he had a deal deadline, he added: “I have no deadline, no. … In some ways, I think it is better to wait until after the election if you want to know the truth.”
Despite his assurances that he doesn’t watch the market’s daily moves, Trump often tweets within hours of when the U.S. equity market reaches an all-time high. He has tweeted the keyword “stock market” 107 times since his inauguration
MORE IN BUSINESS
11 kids quotes we’re all feeling
Ok so there’s always that time when you just wish so bad you could straight up say whats on your mind, but you know you really shouldn’t, so you don’t. Well leave it up to kids to say exactly what you’re feeling, no hesitation or regret. Check out these kids quotes that say everything you wish you could!
Why do kids say the darndest things? Comment with your favorite!
How to become a better businessman in 6 steps; Priceless advice from Entrepreneurs
Become a better businessman in 6 steps following this priceless advice from accomplished entrepreneurs.
- “Do something you’re very passionate about, and don’t try to chase what is the hot passion of the day.”
Jeff Bezos accentuates having passion for what you are doing, because if you don’t love it you are much more likely to give up. It’s hard to take an idea and turn it into reality, especially by yourself or when people whom you respect tell you it can’t be done. The passion and love you give to your project will determine it’s success rate over time.
- “Don’t let people who you may respect and who you believe know what they are talking about tell you that it can’t be done.”
Pierre Omidyar continues to say that often they will tell you it can’t be done and that’s only because they don’t have the courage to try it.
- “If you know exactly who you want to be, you need to spend as much time [as possible] with people that are actually that already.”
This advice from Gary Vaynerchuk is actually priceless when it comes to success in the business world. Think as well “It’s not what you know but who you know,” and surround yourself with people you look up to. Human’s adapt to their surroundings quickly, and soon you won’t just want to be an entrepreneur, you will also know how to act like one.
- “Come up with 10 new ideas every day.”
Coming up with at least 10 new ideas every day will keep your “idea muscle” in shape, which is critical for an entrepreneur in order to keep going and stay ahead of the fast paced business world. James Altucher continues to say that once you’ve done this for about 6 months you will be an idea machine. New ideas keep passionate projects alive and ensure growth in every direction.
Read Next: Working for yourself; Pros and Cons
- Realize that, “naturally, nobody is interested in your ideas. You have to persuade them, and you have to show them that you are the one person out there that can do it.”
Robert Greene, an American author known for his books on strategy, also says that “no one is really going to help you or give you direction.” Realizing this sooner than others will give you a head start and the ability to stop looking for recognition in others. Instead, you can focus on your passion project and make it perfect, and the world will not be able to ignore it.
More about ‘Mastery’ by Robert Greene
- “Don’t think about ‘how do I get big fast.’ That will happen if you build something meaningful and important.”
How to encourage teamwork in your organisation
Danae Ringelmann’s advice is not something to skip. If you rush your ideas or your product you will be relying on luck more than anything to create success for you. While luck is certainly involved in alot of things, relying on it or betting on it to ‘get big fast’ doesn’t help you become a better businessman. Being proud of what you create, instilling passion into your work, and working hard will ensure success more than anything.
- Backstabbing Trudeau gossips about Trump with other world leaders causing Trump to leave NATO suddenly
- Trump Comments on Stock Market’s latest drop – says it’s ‘peanuts’
- 11 kids quotes we’re all feeling
- Celebrity British Chef Gary Rhodes Dies Suddenly At 59
- How to become a better businessman in 6 steps; Priceless advice from Entrepreneurs