Welcome to another weight loss article. Hopefully this one will shed some new light on your life.
Weight loss is a big concern for many people and has been for a little while now. Perhaps it’s to do with how we look and feel, or all the trends we follow, or a doctors concern. Whatever it is, excess weight is simply unhealthy, and loosing it in a healthy, sustainable way is very important.
The internet has thousands of weight loss articles, tips, hacks, and quick weight loss solutions. Many companies sell pills and drinks that are meant to boost weight loss. Health bloggers sell clean eating ebooks, fitness influencers share what they eat in a day, and the list continues…
While some of these are good advice and very helpful, many of them are unhealthy, only work short term, and have more bad effects than just regaining the weight. For most of us, the internet is our biggest, best source of information, and there is simply too much fake health info and too many weight loss gimmicks to ignore. The key is to weed out the good ones, and toss the bad. We’ll show you how to do that in just a minute. Meanwhile, read about why weight loss gimmicks are unhealthy, and why fad diets are considered a gimmick, too.
Weight Loss Gimmicks
A weight loss gimmick is a trick intended to attract attention to a method for losing weight easily. Most, if not all, are extremely unhealthy and dangerous. Any method of weight loss that is either of those is considered a gimmick. The promise of quick results is a give away for most of them.
- crash diets
- false claims
- anything that seems too easy (wight loss takes time and effort)
Dangerous weight loss gimmicks
- Smoking. You might lose weight. …
- A plastic tongue patch. In which eating solid food becomes beyond painful. …
- Stimulants. Don’t use caffeine to lose weight. …
- Tapeworms. …
- Tube feeding. …
- Laxatives. …
- Purging. …
- Restricting calories.
- Waist trainers
Google: How to lose weight fast?
People make money off your google searches “how to lose weight fast,” “fastest way to lose weight” etc. They are proving unhealthy information. Things like this lead to unhealthy lifestyles, unhealthy hopes and dreams, depression, weight retention, serious illness, and even deaths.
Here’s the thing about fast weight loss. Losing weight quickly is neither safe nor sustainable. If you crash diet to drop pounds—or try something like a juice cleanse—you will lose weight quickly, but most people gain the weight back relatively soon. It’s not that losing weight slowly is the better choice, but losing weight in a healthy, sustainable way is the right choice. If you are going to attempt quick weight loss, the researchers suggest you speak with a dietitian to work on a plan that ensures you get the vitamins and minerals that you need. And keep in mind that, even if the quick weight loss crash diet helps you see results sooner. The slow-and-steady method is still much less disruptive to your everyday life—and therefore a much less miserable approach if you’re trying to drop pounds.
Weight loss gimmicks work
Yes for sure alot of these do work but the health risks are not worth it, even if you lose 11 pounds in one week. Waist trainers, for example, could help decrease body fat but unless you already exercise and eat right, and your body fat is already very low, you will not have a Victoria Secret model’s body overnight. Guaranteed. Weight loss pills are full of chemicals and most are made with cheap and harmful ingredients. It is essential for your health that you research anything before you use it, and consult your doctor.
dieting: Managing consumption of food and drink with the intent to lose, gain, or maintain weight.
But here’s the key,
You lose weight, typically, no matter what kind of weight loss diet you’re on. That’s what happens to your body when you cut back on it’s fuel source. It’s science. Whether you lose it in a healthy way or a dangerous way. However, the weight never stays gone unless you change. Not your current diet and not your calorie count. You.
How you can change to lose weight and keep it off for good
- change mentality
- change lifestyle
- stay off the internet
- make better decisions
Exercise and diet is about more than losing weight. It’s your life. You choose to live healthily or poorly. Make the choice now, and make the changes now. Do you research. Find the correct information that you need. Weight loss will happen if you make the correct choices, and live with them. Food and exercise are essentials
Complete nutrition requires ingestion and absorption of vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids from protein and essential fatty acids from fat-containing food, also food energy in the form of carbohydrate, protein, and fat. Dietary habits and choices play a significant role in the quality of life, health and longevity.
The Ultimate American Road Trip: Route 66
If you’re looking for the omega American road trip then you’ve got to hit the Mother Road, otherwise known as Route 66. From Chicago to LA, it’s a journey that’ll provide the experience of a lifetime, showing you the heart of a great nation.
Start in Chicago & Chase the Sun
In reality, the best always head west. Would you rather end the trip in the Windy City, or just in time to catch a gorgeous L.A. sunset on the beach? There’s just something deeply spiritual for folks when we head west. It becomes an adventure. It becomes a vehicular voyage to the sea. Here are some of the highlights you can expect in order:
• Illinois: It’s a pretty straight shot through the state from Chicago through Springfield (which has some stretches of restored Route 66) and southwest to St. Louis. There’s a bit of the bright lights of big cities, but also a good calm stretch of rural to cruise through as well; vast fields of corn and farmland for close to 300 miles.
• Missouri: Once you hit East St. Louis you’ll again be greeted by sky scrapers, industrial areas and the mark of modernity but then it’s another SE straight shot through the entire belly of the state.
• Kansas: You’re only going to spend a little time in the good’ol Kansas heartland. And by little we mean a whopping 14 miles far down in the bottom south east corner. You’ll go through two towns: Galena and Baxter Springs but rest assured there’s great classic restaurants and places that’ve been open as long as Route 66 has been around. In fact, it’s because of road tripper like you just passin’on through that keep’em goin.
• Oklahoma: You’re going to go through two huge metropolises that have “country” written all over’em: Tulsa first and then into Oklahoma City before heading directly west towards the Pan Handle. Of all 8 states, it’s here that they take Route 66 the most seriously. It’s got the most preserved still-drivable miles and you’ll be able to see the remnants of Kiowa, Apache and Comanche Native American land. And, you’ll get to take the same route as families long ago in the Dust Bowl took to escape.
• Texas: You’re going to go through the upper tip of the Texas Pan Handle that takes you through Amarillo. It looks short on a map but the 200-mile stretch of plains is a sight to behold like none other. If you can time it so you cut through here in the afternoon on a sunny day your spirit will be recharged. Just try not to pay any attention to all the truckers!
• New Mexico: Welcome to the Land of Enchantment where you’ll pass through Sun Belt city and Albuquerque. These days, it can be a bit challenging to stay strictly on the old road but with all the sandstone mesas and pine forests it’s definitely worth it.
• Arizona: In Arizona you’ll stay in the northern plains rather than heading down into the really hot areas around Phoenix. Instead, you’ll pass directly through Flagstaff which is a mountain town and where Northern Arizona University is located. The sights here are like a completely different world from everything you’ve seen so far, especially once you begin to head south right before passing into California. Oh, and because of the high speeds on the I-40, this will feel like one of those awesome car track days.
• California: Once you reach this point get ready to cruise through rolling hills, vineyards, orchards, stunning landscapes and then at Barstow you should begin smelling the sea. From San Bernardino and Pasadena to Santa Monica it’s simply breathtaking.
This is only a taste of the experience really. You’ve just got to get out and do it. There’s plenty of great resources online to keep you on track and if you have the time you don’t have to miss a thing. Enjoy!
Key Moments from Trump’s Impeachment Hearing
Heartbreaking; Another School Shooting Santa Clarita, CA
Santa Clarita, California, high school shooting leaves 2 students dead, multiple injured
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) — A 16-year-old boy shot five fellow students, two fatally, Thursday morning at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita before turning the .45-caliber handgun on himself, authorities said.
A Los Angeles County Fire Department spokesperson said multiple 911 calls prompted firefighter-paramedics to respond about 7:40 a.m. to the school at 21900 Centurion Way.
Six students, including the gunman, were found in the quad suffering from gunshot wounds, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said at a news conference. All six were transported to hospitals, where two of them, a 16-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy, were later pronounced dead.
The surviving victims were described as two girls, ages 14 and 15, and a 14-year-old boy.
In a tweet, Henry Mayo Hospital said it had received four patients.
Their names were not immediately disclosed. The sheriff said the deceased girl’s parents were at the hospital. He was notified of the second fatality during a press conference at the school.
Gunman turns .45 caliber on himself
According to sheriff’s Capt. Kent Wegener, surveillance video “clearly” shows the suspect pulling a semi-automatic handgun out of his backpack in the quad and shooting five classmates before shooting himself in the head.
Thursday was the gunman’s 16th birthday, the captain said.
He was listed in grave condition at a hospital, according to Villanueva.
In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, authorities released a description of the suspect as a manhunt got underway. Heavily armed deputies and an armored SWAT vehicle were seen at a home near the school, but it was unclear if the house was connected to the investigation.
The high school remained on lockdown for hours after the incident. Shortly before 11 a.m., lockdowns were lifted at all campuses in the district, as well as Rosedell and Highland elementary schools.
Central Park, at 27150 Bouquet Canyon Road, was being used as a reunification point for parents and students, the Sheriff’s Department said.
Undersheriff Tim Murakami tweeted an apology to parents, saying investigators need to interview “every student at Saugus HS” before they can be released.
In a statement, the White House said President Donald Trump was monitoring ongoing reports about the shooting.
“The White House encourages all those in the area to follow the advice of local law enforcement and first responders,” the statement said.
Gov. Gavin Newsom tweeted an expression of gratitude to the emergency responders.
“We simply should not have to fear for our kids’ lives when we drop them off at school,” the governor said. Addressing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Newsom asked: “How many more lives will be lost? How many more shootings will we have to endure? We need commonsense gun reform. NOW.”
Amid the chaos at the scene, the number of reported victims fluctuated throughout the morning. The sheriff later confirmed that six people were shot, including the gunman.