Summertime = Party time
Summer is here and it’s what everyone was waiting for! Seems like everything evolves around summer, when life really happens. Here are some summertime tips and tricks for everyone to get them swinging back into beach days and picnics. Enjoy!
Beach Beach Beach
1. Cover your body with baby powder to keep sand from sticking to it.
2. Store your valuables in an unassuming container.
3. Read up on some tips for packing your cooler to get the most out of it
4. Pack Aloe Vera ice cubes in your freezer for immediate sun burn relief
5. Make a summer must have tote
6. Wipe your skin down with a damp dryer sheet as an alternate mosquito repellant.
7. Keep bugs out of your drink with a cupcake liner
8. Stick cloves in a lime to make a natural bug repellent.
9. Instead of bug repellent spray that evaporates almost immediately, try these bug repellent lotion bars.
10. Add sage to a fire when you’re entertaining to keep bugs away from the party
The benefits of hydration are plentiful. Drinking the recommended eight to ten glasses of water a day can help prevent illness, keep your bones and muscles healthy, help you maintain your weight, improve brain function and best of all, fuel your activities throughout the day! This summer, make water an essential part of your day and never leave home without it.
Disconnect from the internet, put down those smart phones and see a world without selfies, hashtags and videos. Enjoy life without technology and engage in conversations and activities that encourage socialization with other people.
13. Lifestyle Change
The summer is a great time to think healthy. The nice weather means you can get outside and start exercising or take pleasure in a new sport, club or activity. New social settings and activities will keep you busy as you try to quit smoking. Also, visit your local farmers’ market to kick-start a new healthy eating plan.
14. Stay Cool
We all love the summer heat, but it is important to stay in the shade whenever possible. Try to limit your time in the direct sunshine between 10am and 4pm, when UV exposure is at its peak. If you are going to be outside, be sure to apply plenty of sunscreen 30 minutes before sun exposure. It is also a good idea to wear a hat and sunglasses whenever possible. Another tip, if you’re feeling hot and sticky, is to wash your hands in cold water. This will really help you feel better and much cooler.
15. Sleep Well
Sleep plays a vital role in your health and well-being. Getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental and physical health, safety and quality of life.